Walking, mountain biking, trail running and skiing enthusiasts, here is some useful advice on the best way to prepare your body for a sports event.
1. Nutrition and hydration
To get the most out of your sporting moments, make sure you conserve and optimise your body’s resources from preparation to recovery. Above all, it is important to keep yourself hydrated and to choose a healthy and balanced diet. These two factors will play a vital role in improving your performance. Take care not to deprive yourself or change your eating habits, just to alter the quantities.
- Over the last three days of preparation, increase your intake of starchy foods.
- Drink regularly throughout the event. Energy can be obtained from energy drinks and/or jellies as well as energy bars.
- Keep hydrating yourself after the effort and take in carbohydrates and proteins and drink a recovery drink.
Recipe for a drink:
- Take a ¾ full 1 litre bottle of Saint-Yorre mineral water
- Fill the rest of the bottle with grape juice
- Add two small pinches of bicarbonate of soda
- Add a pinch of salt
- Add the juice of half a lemon
Feeling shattered? When you start feeling fatigued, eat a jelly or some dried fruit. However, don’t forget that the priority is to keep yourself hydrated! Dehydration is the worst enemy of performance and the cause of muscle and tendon pain, so don’t forget to drink!
2. How about someone to take care of you?
This is the moment for our MGM Spas to take a hand. On your behalf, we have examined and created a programme specially devoted to athletes whatever their level.
In our « Athlete’s ritual » you will find a cocktail of treatments designed to help you prepare your body and to recover.
Relaxing, energising and detoxifying at the same time, the athlete’s ritual improves physical performance. The body’s muscles are « warmed up » by kneading, stretching and smoothing.
The body movements involved in these massages are good for relaxing the muscles.
The body regains all its energy, ideal for the recovery of the body and muscles.
A little extra at home – choose a relaxing gel which you can put in the fridge and massage yourself with it.